- Set out to continue on toward Phandalin
- Arrived in Phandalin and delivered goods to Elmar Barthen at Barthen’s Goods
- Locke snuck off to pay Quelline Alderleaf and Carp Alderleaf a visit and learned secret information regarding the Redbrand hideout. Locke also received a quest to seek out Reidoth the Druid near the ruins of Thundertree
- Azalin and Sorscha took a stroll down the street to speak with Sister Garaele and received a quest to travel to Conyberry to speak with a banshee named Agatha to obtain information about the location of the wizard Bowgentle’s spellbook. They are to attempt to flatter her and barter a jeweled silver comb for her information.
- While Locke slept in haybails, the rest of the party spent the night in the Stonehill Inn
- The party traveled to the Phandalin Miner’s Exchange to speak with Halia Thornton who has given them a quest to seek out and kill the Redbrand leader known as “Glasstaff” located in their hideout under Tresendar Manor and return any documents or correspondence found within.
- After speaking with Halia, the party was going to pay the crooked townmaster Harbin Wester a visit when they were ambushed by Redbrand thugs
- Azalin tossed some spells and ran inside to alert Halia of the trouble, but by the time she returned all of the ruffians had been dispatched, messily, by the party. Dozens of townsfolk stood in terror, awe, and appreciation of the blatant murder they had just witnessed.
- The party set out for the Redbrand hideout via a secret entrance located in the nearby woods, goblins tried to ambush them but things didn’t pan out in their favor. The party let one wounded goblin scurry off into the woods
- Once inside the hideout, the party encountered a creature known as a Nothic, which spoke to them telepathically and knew some of their innermost secrets. It bartered for a promise of flesh to be delivered to it, and Azalin made such a pact with the creature. It warned the party of an “eye monster” and captives held somewhere within the complex.
- The party now must decide which way to go within the Redbrand hideout and press onward.
The Lost Mines of Phandelver
Session 2 - The Redbrand Menace
Murder in the streets of Phandalin